July 19, 2009

The Journal.

It's recess time.

Hasan got punched in the face. Whamm! He got kicked in the torso. When Hasan can barely stand up, the bullies took his money & walk away. Making fun of fum, bullying him, was the bully's favourite activity. Wonder, how did they always get away with it?

Here come's Aminah, the prettiest girl in school. Standing infront of Hasan, telling him, "If you don't ever want to be strong, they will always comeback for you.". Shocked, Hasan quickly ran away from that place.

Hasan asked himself, "Why did I ran away? Why would she talk to me? She's the prettiest girl in school.". Trying to ignore that situation for a while, he started to concentrate on what the teacher is explaining in the class.

Hasan is a lonely kid, he doesn't have any friends.

'Riiiiiiiinnggggg....'
The school bell rang, telling its time that the school session is over.

Hasan rides his bicycle home. While he is actually on his bike, he got distracted, he saw - Aminah. Attracted to her beauty, he began to fantasize. Suddenly somehow he ran into a traffic light, and injured himself.

Noticing the situation, Aminah quickly run to him, with the intentions to help. Few hours passed, they sat together at an old bench in a park near the place of the accident. They talked. They get to know each other. They never spoken to each other before.

Aminah asked Hasan a question, "Err, Hasan, may I ask you a question?"
Hasan replied, "Yes, sure."
Aminah asked him, "I've never seen you spoke with anyone at school. Don't you have any friends?"
Hasan's face turned, he replies "I'm an orphan, nobody wants to be friends with me. Plus I'm better off alone.". "Hey, how come I never seen you spoken to anyone too?". Hasan asked the same question back to Aminah.

Aminah explained, she doesn't really need friends. She have a journal. She'd just write whatever she thinks or see inside the journal that she owns. "OH my, see what time it is? I'd better run along, or else my mother will be worrying about me" .... "You'd better start writing too~."

Aminah left. Hasan stood there, thought about what Aminah said.

The next day, at recess, Hasan came to Aminah, asked her that if she would teach him how to write a journal. "It's simple, idiot. (chuckles) You just write whatever you want, whatever you see, whatever you think.". Embaressed, Hasan replied, "Ohh really~?".

They walked home together after school, talked, getting to know better about each other. Hasan asked Aminah, "Would you read whatever I wrote in this book?". "OFCOURSE~!" Aminah replied.

Days went by, those days became the happiest days ever to Hasan. He, who was very lonely, turned to this happy child. Aminah's existence in his life really changed him. They were happy together as friends. They became close, inside school and even out of schools. Aminah were the best friends ever to Hasan.

One day, Hasan wondered, "Where is she? I haven't seen her for like, 2weeks now.". Deciding to know what happened, Hasan went to Aminah's house. He rang the bell, Aminah's father opens the door. With a gloomy face, Aminah's father passed Hasan a letter and told him to go back home and read the letter.

Not being able to resist, Hasan just follow as he was commanded. He went back home with full question marks. Soon as he gets home, he started reading the letter that Aminah's father had passed to him. The content of the letter was..



"Dear Hasan,
We haven't met each other for a while now. I miss you. I really do. Last week I was submitted to the hospital. I have to go for an operation. I have a tumor inside my head. The doctor said that the chances for me to survive from this operation is just 20%.

You see, this is why I don't have any friends, other than you. I hate leaving people that i care about & love. I didn't tell you that i have this tumor in the first place because I don't want you to be worried about me.

By the time you are reading this letter, I am actually in the operation theatre. Please pray luck for me.

Promise me, wait for me at the bench where we started knowing each other. The place where we first talked after you hit that traffic light. Wait for me there in the next 7 days. If I don't appear as we promised, please forget me and go on with your life.

love, ~ Aminah."


Hasan began to shed tears, as he reads the letter. He screamed, "Why would you leave me, Aminaaaaaaaaahhhh???"

He cried for days, thinking about Aminah. As at the 7th day, Hasan went to the bench at the park where they sat together at the first day of the friendship. He waited there from the morning. Aminah still doesn't appear.

That evening, it rained heavily, and the rain continued until midnight. Suprisingly, Hasan was still there. He kept on waiting and waiting. He was exposed in the rain for too long. He collapsed.
A few moments after that, the rain stops. Hasan felt there was something is holding his hands.
Soon he recovered, he opened his eyes...

He say Aminah, holding his hands, giving him her journal. Hasan can't really believe what's happening. He saw Aminah, floating off the ground. Aminah hugged him, kissed his cheek and whispers "I love you, Hasan. You were the best.". Aminah began to dissapear in the fog.

Hasan, was shocked, touched, sad, happy, and everything he could feel. He look into his hands, there were Aminah's journal.

That night really meant a big thing to Hasan.

Few years passed. Hasan moved on with his life. One day, as he walks in a shopping mall, he saw a girl that looked exactly like Aminah. Hasan approached her, trying to say hi, but the girl ran away. Hasan chased her, trying to tell her that he doesn't mean no harm, he just want to be friends. The girl stops, looked at him and smiled. She walks away and dissapeared in between the crowd in the shopping mall.

Hasan went home, puzzled with what happened at the mall. He wants to write something inside his journal, but he notices something else. Aminah's journal was on his table. Opened to page 167, where the content of the page was,

"....today he told me that he is actually lonely, he ain't got friends. He won't be lonely anymore, I hope, 'coz I'll always be there for him~ "



~iqeat.